Toyota UR engine
|Manufacturer||Toyota Motor Corporation|
|Predecessor||Toyota UZ engine|
The Toyota UR engine family is a 32-valve quad-camshaft V8 piston engine series which was first introduced in 2006, starting with the 1UR-FSE engine with direct injection for the 2007 Lexus LS. The series launched with a die-cast aluminum block, aluminum heads, and magnesium cylinder covers. The UR engine has been produced in 4.6, 5.0, and 5.7 liter displacement versions. All UR engines feature variable valve timing for both intake and exhaust cams.
The 1UR-FSE V8 engine, introduced with the Lexus LS 460 & LS 460 L luxury sedans in 2006 has a 4.6 liter (4608cc) displacement, which it gets from a 94 mm bore and 83 mm stroke. The engine includes D-4S gasoline direct injection and dual VVT-iE and produces 385 PS (380 hp/283 kW) at 6,400 RPM and 51 kg·m (
- REDIRECT Template:Convert/N.m ftlbf) at 4,100 RPM.
1UR-FSE undergoes X-ray inspection and a CT (Computed Tomography) scan to ensure minimal deformation after the casting process. Camshafts are hollow to minimize weight.
The 1UR-FE is based on the 1UR-FSE but lacks the gasoline direct injection D-4S technology. The engine produces 347 PS (342 hp/255 kW) at 6,400 RPM and 46.9 kg·m (
- REDIRECT Template:Convert/N.m ftlbf) at 4,100 RPM. Due to this power deficit compared to the 1UR-FSE the Middle East market LS 460 (equipped with the 1UR-FE) is 0.6 seconds slower than the 1UR-FSE equipped variant in 0-100km/hr acceleration, at 6.3s.
The 2UR-GSE is a 5 liter (4969 cc) engine and powers the Lexus IS-F. It has D-4S gasoline direct injection, dual VVT-i, and VVT-iE on the intake. Bore of 94 mm and stroke of 89.5 mm, it will produce 423 PS (417 hp/311 kW) at 6,600 RPM and 51.5 kg·m (
- REDIRECT Template:Convert/N.m ftlbf) at 5,200 RPM.
The 2UR-FSE is a 5 liter (4969 cc) engine and powers the Lexus LS600h. It has D-4S gasoline direct injection, dual VVT-i, and VVT-iE on the intake. It has the same bore and stroke as the 2UR-GSE, but produces 394 PS (389 hp/290 kW) at 6,400 RPM and 53 kg·m (
- REDIRECT Template:Convert/N.m ftlbf) at 4,000 RPM. The electric motors (Lexus Hybrid Drive) in the system add extra power into the drivetrain, allowing the combination to deliver 327 kilowatts (439 hp) in total.
The engine heads are made from a magnesium alloy, while the block is die-cast to save weight.
The 3UR-FE is a 5.7 liter (5663 cc) engine designed for use in Toyota trucks, and as a result, the D-4S gasoline direct injection will not be included, but dual VVT-i will be included. Bore of 94 mm (3.7 in.) and stroke of 102 mm (4.02 in.), it produces 381 hp (283 kW) at 5,600 rpm and 401 ft·lbf (543 Nm)of torque at 3,600 rpm. E85 ethanol capability will be included for the 2009 model year.
- 2007 Toyota Tundra
- 2008 Toyota Sequoia
- 2008 Toyota Land Cruiser 200 Series - US market only
- 2008 Lexus LX 570
- Vasilash, Gary (2006). "Lexus Comes Into Its Own". Automotive Design & Production. http://www.autofieldguide.com/articles/090601.html. Retrieved on 2007-05-06.
- Society of Automotive Engineers
- Tundra CrewMax Reveal at 2007 North American International Auto Show