|Body style(s)||4-door notchback|
The Toyota Comfort, released in 1988, is designed for use as a taxicab. It is popular in Japan, Singapore (badged as a Crown) and especially Hong Kong, where more than 90% of all taxis are Toyota Comforts. Its primary Nissan competitor is the Nissan Crew and its secondary Nissan competitor is the Cedric Y31.
Drivetrain: Rear-wheel drive
Compression ratio 10.5:1
Bore x Stroke (mm) 86.0 x 86
Maximum output (kW(PS)/rpm) 58(79)/4,400rpm
Maximum torque (Nm(kg-m)/rpm) 160(16.3)/2,400rpm
A 4-speed automatic transmission became standard in 2004.
TRD Comfort GT-Z Supercharger
The TRD Comfort GT-Z Supercharger was a limited edition sport model made in 2003. Total production of this version was 59 vehicles.
Its engine is a 3S-FE type DOHC 2.0 L L4 ORC-TX07supercharged gasoline engine.
Its maximum output is ( in kW(PS)/rpm) 118(160)/6100 rpm Maximum torque is ( inNm(kg-m)/rpm) 221(22.5)/3300 rpm
- Crown Motors (Hong Kong) Toyota Comfort page
- Toyota Comfort Short Model page(JAPANESE)
- Toyota Comfort Long Model(Crown Comfort) page(JAPANESE)
- TRD Toyota Comfort GT-Z Official Site(JAPANESE)
- TRD Toyota Comfort GT-Z Owner's Site(JAPANESE)